Thursday, July 31, 2014

Tomato Basil Soup


Tomato Basil Soup


Here is the recipe I used for my Ladies Luncheon. I tweaked it a little bit from the original version, I let it simmer for an hour on a very low heat to work all the flavor in of the basil. And I used a good quality Organic soup and tomatoes. Delish!


2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted {I used An Organic From Roots}
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes Drained
2 cups of Half and Half
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tsp of Italian seasoning
Toppings: fresh basil leaves, freshly ground pepper, Parmesan cheese 

Preparation:


Cook first 6 ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately with desired toppings

If you have time. Allow to simmer slow for an hour, add the Half and Half, heat through and serve or chill

Chill overnight and serve cold 

Serve with Green Garden Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here: